Rapid Braking System (RBS) is an Intent Design innovative product technology designed for India/Asia style two-wheel motorcycles.
- Rapid Braking System (RBS) is an Intent Design innovative product technology designed for India/Asia style two-wheel motorcycles.
- RBS enables fast and stable deceleration of vehicles at high speeds, specifically during ‘panic’ braking. This technology is designed keeping in mind the need for a cost effective solution that can offer safety to riders.
- RBS provides an alternative to antilock brakes. Antilock brakes require a lot of electronics and mechanical paraphernalia such as speed sensors, pulse width modulators and hydraulic braking. This technology is not available for mechanical drum brake driven vehicles which currently make up 99% of the market in Indian two wheeler segment. Less than 0.1% of the two wheelers have dual hydraulic brakes with Anti-lock braking systems on the road today.
- Depending upon the road condition and weight distribution of the bike, RBS changes the braking ratio between the front and the rear in REAL TIME. For example,
If you were applying the Brake on good pavement RBS would shift most of the braking to the front wheel while retaining the desired amount on the rear wheel.
- If you suddenly encounter a sand patch or wet pavement, RBS would shift the ratio accordingly to reduce braking on the front wheel (to compensate for reduced traction on front wheel).
- If you had a Pillion rider, RBS would increase the braking to the rear wheel.
Rapid Braking System (RBS) is available for licensing or purchase. For more information please contact us at 1-248-381-5930 or email