Please Email your Resume to HR@intent-design.com. Mention the Job Code in the Subject of your Email.
1. Job Title: Product Engineer [Job Code: 9016001] Date Posted: April 10, 2016
Perform product design activities related to the development, manufacturing, and assembly of new automotive products in accordance with company and customer requirements.
The engineer will be responsible for performing a lead role in new product design and development for Engineering and design of Automotive Seating systems right from creating concepts to detailed design for structures and mechanisms. The activities include:
- Engineering and feasibility of concepts, use tools like pugh analysis for evaluating and selection of concepts.
- Review designs with customer to ensure requirements are met.
- Perform engineering and detailed design of CAD models using standard industry software - Catia V5 and / or Unigraphics.
- Develop products to meet design standards, Customer requirements and Standards, Safety and regulatory requirements.
- Design and Develop seating core mechanism components and its applications including recliners, tracks, latches. Mechanism design and development of easy entry, fold flat, stow, kneel, stadium seats.
- Use hand calculations in analyzing and provide solutions for failure modes.
- Provide solutions with complete understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes, use tools related to design procedures within automotive industry - DFMEA, DVP&R, DFA/M, Root Cause Analysis, Tolerance Stack Analysis.
- Review with suppliers for engineering of products to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Travel and Coordinate with suppliers and customers for prototype development and testing.
- Ensure quality of project deliverables are met within timely manner.
- Preparing and tracking project budget and provide status reports to management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (will accept equivalent foreign degree);
- Experience: Five (5) years of experience in product design and development of structures and Mechanisms for Automotive industry, using CATIA V5 / Unigraphics for modeling automotive stamped parts and Motion analysis and using DFMEA, DVP&R, DFA, DFM, GD&T and Tolerance Stack up Analysis.
Type of position:
- Engineering Center in Farmington Hills, MI and/or Customer locations in the Metro Detroit area.
Intent Design... a Product Readiness Partner, from Concept to Launch